Calcium Citrate Maleate 1000mg+Magnesium Hydroxide 100mg+Zinc sulphate monohydrate 4mg +Vitamin D3 200I.U.
Calcium citrate Maleate is calcium salt of citric acid and malic acid. It is a water soluble calcium supplement.
- Getting enough vitamin D and calcium are two of the best things you can do to keep your bones healthy. Calcium is needed for our heart, muscles, and nerves to function properly and for blood to clot. Low calcium intake throughout life is associated with low bone mass and high fracture rates. The body needs vitamin D to absorb calcium. Without enough vitamin D, one can’t form enough of thecalcitriol (known as the “active vitamin D”).
- These two nutrients work together to make you less likely to bone loss (osteoporosis), weak bones (osteomalacia/rickets), decreased activity of the parathyroid gland (hyperparathyroidism), and a certain muscle disease (latent tetany). If we have adequate amounts of calcium and vitamin D, it really can help with keeping bones strong. This combination also plays an important role in pregnant, nursing or postmenopausal women.
- Additionally, magnesium helps keep calcium in the cell to do its job far better. Zinc is known to play an important role in the bone remodeling cycle and is also essential for many bodily functions including the immune response, reproduction, growth and development, and neurological roles.
- Osteoporosis (bone loss)
- Osteomalacia/rickets (weak bones)
- Latent tetany
- Pregnant, nursing or postmenopausal women
- Normal functioning of nerves, muscles, cells, bones
Common Side Effects :
- Upset stomach
- Impaired calcium absorption in achlorhydria which is common in elderly.
- Increased risk of hyperkalaemia and hypercalciuria in hypo parathyroid patients on high doses of vitamin D.
- History of kidney stones.
- Renal impairment.
- Store in cool and dry place.
- Protect from direct sunlight.